Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Yellow Springs Ohio and hiking

Today, I went on a day trip with my friend of 30+ years (Bernadette).  We headed to Yellow Springs, Ohio.  Of course, we took the convertible or "vert" as I call it.  We started by stopping into some of the many quaint shops in town.  In one, a women was showing her weaving work she was learning at the local senior center.  It was beautiful.

We ate at the Sunrise Cafe.  Most eateries are vegan friendly.  I like the focus of the town on using sustainable resources and eco-friendly.

After lunch, we took a walk along the Clifton Gorge.  It was lovely.  We stopped near a water fall to listen to frogs.  The sound was awesome!  We saw several turtles! 

We also ran across this polka dot dressed cow.  It was on the top of  Two Clowns Mowing.
It reminded me of the rotating cow, just outside Charleston, South Carolina.  What a hoot.  I had to stop for a picture!

Our adventure continued to bring fantastic surprises.  We discovered McDonald's has a McCafe Happy Hour from 2-4pm with $1.00 for McCafe drinks -- coffee, smoothies.  I am uncertain if this deal applies to all McDonalds or just independently owned stores.  My favorite is the wildberry smoothie.  It was the perfect way to top off the hike!

No comments:

Post a Comment