Tuesday, March 27, 2012

A Little Rearranging!

I have a fast approaching deadline for a professional paper.  So, I decide to rearrange my living space.  I am enjoying the new openness of the space.  As part of my new space, I have a big dining room table that I set up as my "studio" table.  I am not a true artist, but I do like the idea of being an artist.  I have a variety of neat stuff to use on the table...markers, color pencils, crayons, chenille sticks, big pieces of newsprint, coloring pages, magnets, puzzles, and other fun stuff.

I have discovered that I like to use large paper to brainstorm my ideas and this is a great space for it. It invites the creation of grand ideas!  I tried to figure out a brainstorming/concept mapping software program.  I realized I was spending/wasting time trying to learn a program,when I could do it more quickly on my "big" paper!  I also do not have to wait for the computer to "boot-up" to review my ideas.

I identified my clutter style! I have learned that I am not going to pick up my toys and put them away.  I have open baskets that I quickly toss my markers into when I finish my creativity breaks.  I also rediscovered the relaxing benefits of coloring.  I do not have to think about what to create on the page, I just have to select the colors.  I like this because my mind can dream and ponder!

As part of my space transformation, Randy took me to the John R. Green Company an education supplies company.  I enjoyed strolling down the aisles and thinking about the fun I had playing school as a youngster!  It was almost as good as coming across a penny candy counter!  Yes, I do remember penny candy! 

How do you express your inner-artist?


No comments:

Post a Comment