Sunday, April 15, 2012

A Little Art on Vacation

I am just returning from a nice spring break trip with Randy.  We went to Amelia Island, Florida.  We stay at the Seaside Amelia Inn.  The weather was perfect.  Randy and I are good vacation partners.  This trip we did a lot of walking and people watching on the beach.  Some of our favorite places to eat included Cafe Karibo, the Crab Trap and Sandy Bottoms.   I did have some time for a little art.

I downloaded free mandala coloring pages. I used color sharpies for my coloring tool of preference! Be sure to check out the Sharpie website for other fun ideas.  When I think of my playtime, I like some quieter activities.  I also don't want to have to think about what I am creating.  Coloring allows my mind to wonder free.  It is a very relaxing activity.  I discovered I can listen and carry on a conversation when coloring!  Time to throw out those those electronic devices!

If you know some older people who live alone or in an assisted living facility/nursing home, you might want to buy them a coloring book with crayons or other coloring tools (Sharpies).  I even like coloring in children's books! You could even ask for the children's menu with crayons when you dine out!  Embrace that inner child!

No comments:

Post a Comment